Thursday, April 4, 2013

Kraft, Gesso, and Kindness


Can you believe that we are already on Little Tangles Challenge #10?

This was a fun one for me, I am a big fan of kraft.


For this card I used the Kindness Matters set.

First I cut the kraft panel for the card and added gesso, heavier at the bottom of the piece and more watered down towards the top.

Once it was dry I stamped my sentiment, coloring the heart in with a Stamper's Big Brush pen.

I stamped the border from Kindness Matters on another piece of kraft painted with gesso.  The little hearts were colored in, fussy cut, and adhered to the card.

Now it's your turn.  We'd love to see your kraft creations.  You don't need to use Neat & Tangled stamps, but we do love seeing them, and there are some free digis available here

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink - Kraft cardstock
Stamps:  Neat & Tangled - Kindness Matters
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Other:  Claudine Hellmuth - Gesso; Faber Castell - Red Stamper's Big Brush Pen; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Miriam! Really interesting to see how you used the gesso - it's really intriguing! Love the fussy cut hearts floating away from the sentiment! Great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooooo beautiful!! LOVING the hearts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of GESSO..Interesting challenge.
    The flying hearts are sweeet Miriam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet, Miriam! I love the red heart against the kraft card stock! Excellent use of the small heart stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Miriam. The washed background is so pretty. The perfect setting for that sentiment. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mix of kraft and red. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful combo of kraft and red and boy do I love that trail of cute hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know that I've ever seen gesso brushed on solid cardstock. It looks super cool! The scattered hearts are very sweet. Honk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great, gesso technique, my dear! LOVE the kraft, and those little hearts are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the little trail of hearts. Very sweet and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yummmmm...I love kraft as well and is certainly so pretty with a hint of white and red!
    Superb work Miriam!!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute is that heart trail?! LOVE!!!! FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW !... Just a beautiful card !...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely adore this cute Kraft card. The hearts are too cute and the gesso awesome! i have some lying around that needs some love ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete