Friday, April 21, 2017

Of all the ephemera in the world.....



....my favorite is Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes ephemera.

I dove into the stash again yesterday.  Every time I do this, I realize that I might never have to buy embellishments again because I have SO MUCH.

My jumping off point for this card was that blue and gold tag....usually that's the way these stash cards work.  I pick something I want to use, might be the focal point, might not be, but then everything falls in place from there.

The tag is a little small to carry the card on it's own, so I needed pieces to balance it, and I decided to utilize some polaroid frames, also from Crate Paper.

At this point, I pulled out the 6x6 pads.  I went with a neutral base piece and decided it would be fun to back the polaroid frames with some patterned papers.  These were actually just scraps that were loose in one of my Crate Paper 6x6 pads.  I also added a strip of black/cream chevron to the bottom to ground everything.



For balance and to soften the composition, I added a bit of pink doily and a portion of a PTI Leafy Branch die cut.

Finally, to finish off the focal tag, I stamped a sentiment from Ellen Hutson's Mondo Magnolia set and a bit of twine.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you're inspired to break out some of that old stuff!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card...love all of your wonderful elements, you placed them so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully arranged Miriam! Perfect composition. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely!! I love when designers tell us what their jumping off point for a creation is too. LOVE the tag and all the pretty things you used for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card!! Love how you put everything together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Miriam!
    Beautifully composed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love that glittery, gold corner! This collection is timeless. Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous how you pulled this together! I'm right there with you, having a full box of stuff and never using it. Ack! But everytime you do, it amazes me! Such cool cards you piece together :)

    ReplyDelete